- Time: 10 Mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Servings: 9
- 70g Mylk + Crispies Chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp maca
- 28g sweet popcorn
- 15g + 2 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
We’ve teamed up with the fabulous Nourishing Amy to bring you a healthier version of our childhood favourite – chocolate rice crispy cakes. Swapping sugary rice crispies for buckwheat and popcorn (sweetened naturally with coconut sugar), and adding our Mylk+Crispies raw chocolate with cacao nibs and crunchy peanut butter, these little cakes have some serious crunch. The added maca powder gives a subtle but delicious butterscotch flavour. The perfect movie night treat!
- Break up the chocolate and melt over a bain-marie until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Now add the maca and give the chocolate mix another stir.
- Pour in the popcorn and the 15g buckwheat groats and stir until all the pieces are covered in chocolate.
- Using a tbsp, transfer the Peanut Butter Popcorn Crispy mix into 9 medium cupcake cases. Sprinkle over the remaining 2 tbsp buckwheat groats and the cacao nibs.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours until firm.