- Time: 40 Mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Servings: 8
- 3 large bananas (the riper the better)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (ground flaxseed will work, too)
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (We like oat or almond)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or coconut nectar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour
- 1 x 35g bar Raw Halo Pure Dark Chocolate
Optional: sliced banana for topping, ½ cup walnuts, dried fruits, Raw Halo chocolate chips
Optional: 1 tsp maca, lucuma
We love this delicious banana bread recipe from the lovely Nourishing Amy. Drizzled with our favourite melted Pure Dark chocolate, this makes the perfect mid afternoon treat, or perfect to take on your next picnic.
- Preheat oven to 160Fan/180*C. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Mash the banana well in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add all the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes, then add in the dry ingredients together and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in ½ cup optional extras (we used chopped mixed nuts here), if using. The mix will be very thick and may seem ‘dry’ but this is perfect.
- Pour into loaf tin, smooth over the top. Add sliced banana on top, if using.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, ovens vary, until the top is browning nicely and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Keep checking the cake every 5 mins if it’s not done and add some foil to cover if it is getting too dark on top.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, remove from the tin and peel away the parchment and allow to cool fully.
- Melt the chocolate and then drizzle over with a spoon and allow to cool again before storing in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It freezes well in slices too.