- Time: 40 Minutes
- Difficulty: Medium
- Servings: 10
- 1 and 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts/almonds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 bar Raw Halo Pure Dark chocolate
These beautifully easy, delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free double chocolate bliss balls, with no refined sugar, are nothing short of perfection. If you’ve ever tried a bliss ball you will know that they aren’t just delicious and nutritious, but they’re incredibly filling and moreish too. You don’t have to compromise on taste to eat healthily, and with just seven ingredients these bliss balls will fast become your staple for go-to snacks, whatever the time of day!
For those who haven’t yet discovered the simplistic joys of these no-fuss, no-frills little energy balls, you are in for a treat. They tend to be bite size because they’re just so filling – a little goes a long way!
Full of fibre, superfoods, and a whole lot of goodness, these versatile snacks are ideal for an afternoon pick-me-up, a quick breakfast, or an after-dinner sweet treat.
Our favourite recipe, created by our wonderful recipe creator Kaja is super simple and makes about 20 bliss balls.
The combination of plant goodness, maple syrup, protein-packed nuts, antioxidant-laden raw cacao powder and the subtle sweetness from the vanilla powder are going to have you feeling at your absolute best after you’ve indulged. The addition of our Raw Halo Pure Dark chocolate drizzled over the top is just the icing on the cake (or the chocolate on the balls).
Keep them chilled in the fridge, if you make too many they freeze beautifully. Or why not pack them in your lunchbox and take them to work with you, we dare your colleagues not to try and sneak a taste!
- Mix the hazelnuts and shredded coconut in a food processor until well combined.
- Blend in the maple syrup, raw cacao powder, vanilla and pink salt.
- Use your hands to make about 20 balls, your hands should be wet while doing this as the dough is quite sticky.
- Place the balls in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Gently melt your favourite Raw Halo chocolate (we used Pure Dark) and drizzle it on top of each ball.